Difference Between Search Engine Optimization & Social Media Optimization– MrDigito
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)?
SEO mainly a very popular component of the larger category, SEM(Search Engine Marketing). According to Google’s– Search Engine Optimization is “the process of maximizing the number of visitors for a particular web page, website, web store by ensuring that the site appears high on the list of results returned by a search engines such as Google, Bing, Yahoo etc..”
The SEO industry is continually progressing and changing due to the frequent anti-spam and quality search changes made to Google’s algorithm. But, there is one aspect of SEO that stays constant: SEO is made up of On-Page and Off-Page activities- The major practices for SEO.
What components does SEO include?
As stated above, SEO is comprised of two different very important activities.
On-Page SEO includes:
- Using relevant keywords naturally into Title tags, Meta descriptions, Heading tags, Alt text, etc.
- Blog posts and page copy that is written and optimized with quality
- Well structured and Clean page URLS
- Optimized page load speed
- Google authorship / business page incorporated
- Social sharing integration within your content
- And much more!
Off-Page SEO includes:
- Creating high quality, natural backlink Social sharing signals
- Social bookmarkings
- Blog submissions
- Article and press release submissions
- List goes on here too!
Social Media Optimization(SMO)?
Social Media Optimization (SMO) is the process of increasing the awareness of a product, brand or event by using a number of social media outlets and communities to generate viral publicity like; Facebook, Twiiter, Linkedin, Youtube & more others.
Social media optimization includes using RSS feeds, social news and bookmarking sites, as well as social media sites and video and blogging sites. SMO is similar to SEO (search engine optimization) in that the goal is to drive traffic to your Web site.
7 Steps To improve Your SMO
Joshua Berg is one of the leading advocates of SMO. He has promoted a seven step model REALSMO, which is:
- Reputation – build your reputation as a reliable qualified source
- Engagement – encourage more engagement, sharing & reciprocate
- Authority – become a notable authority in your field of expertise
- Leadership – harness originality & creativity, be a Thought Leader
- Social – be social, find and engage sociable experts in your field
- Media – know your social media platforms to maximize influence
- Optimization – improve technical aspects to increase optimization
MrDigito Ad Solutions is a popular SMO Company In Indore offers all types of digital marketing services In Indore & all over the world. We specialize in SEO (Search Engine Optimization), SMO (Social Media Optimization), SEM (Search Engine Marketing), GoogleAdword, ORM (Online Reputation Management), Social Branding, E-commerce Website Design, Mobile Apps Development & more.
For any services, Please Call us: +91 – 7225886611